Friday, January 22, 2010

Dirty Corgi + Bath

Arriving home from a very enjoyable walk, Darwin senses that his Mom has evil intentions.

"You've tied me to the door. This does not bode well."



His Mom leads him to the bathroom and removes his collar. She never removes his collar.

Uh, oh.

Soon, the water in the tub begins its thundering cascade.

Darwin lies as still as he can and hopes somehow to develop the ability to blend into the floor mat. Perhaps the dirt will help.

(Note the muddy belly and feet. The harsh bathroom light does not do them justice.)



"I'm not here, Mom."



As disturbing and deafening as the sound of the tub filling is, what is worse is the palpable silence as the knob is turned off and the faucet slowly settles into a quiet and periodic drip.

In one sudden movement, Darwin is lifted up and placed in the lukewarm water.

"I'll have you know, this is puppy torture. See my eyes? Yeah, that's me being melancholy. Watch as I cripple you with my epic woe."



"That didn't work? Then I suppose I will survive." *heavy puppy sigh* "If I must."



The aftermath.



And one clean corgi prepped with the wet-dog zoomies. He always likes to get his Mom back for this torture by running around the living room, spreading his dampness to everything he touches. And in record time!



And that is that...

-Mel, Corgi-keeper

**Note: Tomorrow we start advanced obedience. Wish us luck! We are rather out of practice with our heeling and staying....

No comments:

Post a Comment