Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Dreaded Frisbee Stalker

I have a little stalker. He is about a foot tall, furry, and occasionally smells of wet dog.

But I'm alright with that... Especially since he's so cute and all...



*Note: This is a film of Darwin "stalking" his frisbee. He will perform this 'creeping' behavior, head down and body slinking towards towards me with full concentration on the object of his herding desire, whenever he is behind me and I have the frisbee cocked and ready to be thrown. Unfortunately, due to the fact that I am throwing the frisbee, as well as taking the video, I have not been able to capture Darwin doing this 'creep' at a slower pace, which harkens back to the behavior of herding border collies I have seen. I know he is bred for it, but it still amazes me every time I see these types of behavior come out. Instincts are fascinating things as they are not learned behavior, but the behaviors they produce are so strong! (And I have a great love for the herding behaviors - it's amazing what these dogs can do!)

-Mel, Corgi-keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment