Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Chair Shark

Darwin has recently figured out that ripping his stuffed toys apart is a) quite possible and b) extremely fun. Particularly the removal of those troubling squeakers (which are removed from his mouth by us immediately after he extracts them). Last night, he finally managed to remove a squeaker from within a removable pouch that had once been inside the head of his Kong-brand Snake. The squeaker and the pouch were set upon a chair to remove them from his reach.

However, being the smart little corgi that he is, Darwin had a different idea...

*WARNING: THIS POST IS EXTREMELY PICTURE-HEAVY (i.e. I couldn't decide on my favorites so I included pretty much all of them!).

So I introduce to you: "Darwin, Sneak Thief and Chair Shark."

Blurry security photo captures the thief on camera. Darwin replies, "I'm not doing nothing...."



Chair Shark eyes his prize (denoted by red arrow).



Circling his prey.




"I sees it..."



*CHOMP* "I gots it!"



The prey is unmercifully dragged away, leaving only the poor lonely remnants of a squeaker behind...



Enjoying the spoils of the hunt. At leat, that is, until Mom takes it away and puts it back on the chair.



On the hunt again...



When photographers and wild beasts size each other up...



Darwin thinks, "Perhaps if I stick my nose up there just right...."



This chomp was too quick for even the camera to catch...



"Mine. Please don't take it away from me again..."



Back for round three... "I'll have you yet," he thinks.



Trying a new maneuver.



Not quite...



Success!



Oops. Dropped it. (Love that white spot on the back of his head!).



"You won't get it back so easy from me this time!" (And indeed I didn't! There was quite an epic game of tug that was sadly not documented).



"Okay, okay. I'll let you be, Chair Shark. You've earned it this time..."



-Mel, Corgi-keeper

2 comments: