Saturday, July 4, 2009

So, it was 6:45am on the 4th of July...

and what was Darwin up to?

Darwin and I were taking advantage of the "still slightly less hotter than the sufrace of the sun" morning temperature outside and having ourselves a nice walk in a town that was literally dead to the world. Not very patriotic, I admit, but nice.

I would say that this is one of my favorite times of day, as the sun is just playing nicely over the landcape, backlighting the world. Darwin was kind enough to pose, just so I could illustrate this point. And notice the wonderful sit-stay he is demonstrating. This dog is awesome!



And I was rather impressed with his walking this morning, too. He is the first dog I've been around, where I've had to train him to walk IN FRONT of me! I know part of it is the herding dog in him, but it has been rather interesting to shape that behavior. I swear, for the most part, this dog doesn't know the meaning of pulling on the lead.

Here he is, demonstrating his beautiful loose leash walking.



Meanwhile, the cat was inside getting a little sun of her own. Lazy kind of sun. On the dog's bed, of course. They are such siblings, and perfect opposites.



Happy 4th of July!

-Mel, Corgi-keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment