Sunday, July 5, 2009

Grooming Day.

Friday was grooming day. Darwin, because of his low stature in relationship to the ground, needs a weekly bath, and is just generally an odiferous dog (much moreso than Jarod, who is largely without doggy odor, even when wet). Saturday is the usually scheduled puppy bath, but he definitely needed it this past Friday. He also had a buildup of wax in his ears and I hadn't brushed his teeth in a few days, so those were cleaned as well. (Don't worry, I let him have some fun too! We had some fetching in the yard to make up for the puppy 'torture'). In fact, below is an image of him waiting for me to throw the stick.



Darwin is not the greatest fan of baths. However, this past bath, he did not try his usual tricks to get out of the bath during the course of it. Instead, he just stood calmly in the tub while I poured warm water all over him, shampooed him, then rinsed it off in the same matter as I initially used to get him wet. In fact, he basically waited for me to wrap him up in the towel after the bath was over, which was rather impressive. This, of course, allowed for some photo opportunities.

Shake, shake, shake!



"Okay, Mom, I'm ready to get out!"



"Are you expecting me to dry myself?"



Obviously, as a puppy, he is growing by the week. Here is an image of his teeth that clearly illustrates this. A few weeks ago, I noticed that he had lost his two lower canine puppy teeth. Well, the adult versions have started to come in! The red arrows illustrate the difference in size and shape of the puppy vs. adult teeth. The top, needle sharp little teeth are the puppy teeth, whereas the duller, less pointy lower teeth are the adult canines.



My little boy is growing up so fast!

-Mel, Corgi-keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment