Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dog on a Log

Darwin's Dad took him back to the state park yesterday while I was at work and thoroughly tuckered the little guy out. When I arrived home this evening, we decided to take him on a quick jaunt there again. What amazed me was that he recognized the place the third time pulling into the road that would lead us to the parking area and was making Cardi grunts of anticipation. It was rather adorable :).

In between thowing the frisbee and enjoying the nice day outside, I managed to snap a few pictures of Darwin in a new location for him: on top of a log. He wasn't quite sure about all this at first, but since he'd been asked to alternatively to sit or lay there, he did it.





The other thing that has amazed me in the last two days is that Darwin has been resorting to napping in his crate. He apparently sees this as his haven for finding deep sleep (as he sleeps in there at night and has since before he even came to us). He'd never really showed interest in sleeping in there on his own during the day until yesterday when he was tired enough it apparently seemed like the best place to nap. Tonight he has been switching back and forth between sleeping in the crate and under my chair, depending on my location. I really love this dog.

More pictures from this evening's walk coming throughout the course of the week.

-Mel, Corgi-keeper

1 comment:

  1. Darwin's beautiful color sure shows in these pictures. And I can tell it must have been pretty warm out, his tongue is pretty huge!

    ReplyDelete