Monday, February 8, 2010

Whereupon I kaput Darwin's brain...

Obedience class can be grueling. Likewise, Darwin spent most of Saturday afternoon following class out cold on the floor, and most of the day yesterday, like this:


"This is my couch."


And why was it so grueling, you ask?

Well, not only did Darwin have to stay as other dogs walked circles around him (with many other distractions going on in the meantime), but he had a frisbee thrown for him, went racing after it with all his characteristic enthusiasm, and had to "leave it!" before he reached the disc, come back to me, then wait until I released him to go get it. My husband proclaimed this 'bonafide puppy torture' when I told him about it upon arriving home. Truly it was, but Darwin did surprisingly well with it all.

I was actually very proud of him on Saturday. He is becoming more comfortable with crowds and random objects coming around corners. His stays were better than most of the other dogs in the class, and when it came our turn to wheel around the other dogs, he remained absolutely focused on me in a heel all the way to the end. Very proud of him.

He definitely earned a rest on Sunday and couch priveleges.

-Mel, Corgi-keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment