Sunday, December 13, 2009

SNOW DAY!

Well, the snow has finally arrived in all its white, fluffy glory (and in time for Christmas too!). It started yesterday afternoon and has continued unrelentingly until sometime this afternoon, covering the ground in about a half-foot of powder. It looks like it has finally decided to stay! (Though, unfortunately, it is not quite sticky enough for snowballs).

Darwin, naturally, was ecstatic. He had his first introduction to the concept of snow a month back, but there wasn't enough for him to truly get the 'powder experience.' Today changed all of that. I could describe how he took to this metamorphosis of his world, but I think it's better to show you. He had a multitude of varied, and highly entertaining, reactions...

So, I present to you, 'Cardi in Snow,' or 'Is that a white blur I see before me?"

"Mom, what am I supposed to do with this? I like that it's cold and that it's wet. It tastes rather good. But, it's up to my chest, Mom..."





"Oh, now I see, I'm supposed to run through it!"













**Note: He kind of has to bounce through snow. This is highly adorable and entertaining.

"Okay, that was fun. Is there anything else we can do with this stuff?"



Darwin ventures forth into the great white unknown.



Investigating (I love his curious face).



"Maybe I'll just take a break for a moment."



Old man snow beard.



Fire Hydrant In Winter.



Having a good shake to get the snow off his whiskers.



Leash blooper.



Eating his first snow ball.





The adventure continues (I love this photo).



We both returned back to the apartment soaking wet. But it was well worth it.

Unfortunately, Darwin has not yet discovered the joy of rolling in the snow. But I'm sure that will come in time.

-Mel, Corgi-keeper

2 comments:

  1. No fair! We need some snow here! I've been bugging the Hubby for a trip up to the mountains so we can play in the white stuff!

    I hate calling Darwin 'pretty', but that 'pink' sure is 'pretty'! Poor boy, always pink! *G*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! It is so fun to see him romp in the snow! Darwin is starting to look more and more like an adult on the outside. I am sure he is still 100% puppy on the inside!

    ReplyDelete